BE ADVISED, THE SOUTH THOMASTON SELECT BOARD WILL BE MEETING TODAY TO VOTE ON
APPROVING THE SEPTEMBER 25TH SPECIAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT LANGUAGE
FINAL WARRANT LANGUAGE WILL BE POSTED ON THE TOWN WEBSITE, AT THE TOWN OFFICE AND AROUND TOWN
SPECIAL SELECTBOARD MEETING AGENDA
Date: September 17, 2019 Time: 4:00 PM Place: Municipal Building Rev.1
- Call to Order
- Adjustments to the Agenda
- Public Comment for Items Not on the Agenda
- New Business
- Review and approval of the September 25th Special Town Meeting warrant language.
DRAFT WARRANT LANGUAGE
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
To Gerald E. Grierson Sr., a resident of the Town of South Thomaston, in the County of Knox, State of Maine,
In the name of the State of Maine, you are hereby required to notify and warn the voters of the Town of South Thomaston in the County of Knox and State of Maine, qualified to vote by law in Town affairs, to meet at the South Thomaston Town Office in said Town on Wednesday, the 25th day of September 2019 A.D., at seven o’clock in the evening, then and there, to act upon the following articles to wit:
Article 1. To choose a moderator to preside at said meeting.
Article 2. To see if the town will authorize the Board of Selectmen to spend $199,864 to purchase a 2019 Ford F450- Super Duty 4×4 ambulance through the following funding sources:
- Acceptance and appropriation of a trade-in allowance and other concessions for the Town’s existing ambulance in the amount of $14,500.
- Appropriation of $199,864 from the following Town reserve accounts. The Board of Selectmen shall propose budgets for the ensuing four fiscal years that will ensure the reserve accounts are fully re-funded during that period of time, plus interest at an annual interest rate of 1.5%.
- Ambulance Reserve Trust account $67,300_
- Fire Truck Reserve account $132,564
And to authorize the Board of Selectmen or its designee to execute all documents necessary to effectuate the sale of the existing ambulance and the acquisition of the new ambulance.