- This event has passed.
Public Hearing on proposed items for November Special Town Meeting
October 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
This is a public hearing to discuss items proposed for a Special Town Meeting for later in this year. Meeting starts at 7:00pm.
The items proposed for consideration will be the following:
- Transition Town financial year from “Calendar Year” (Jan 1 – Dec 31) to “Fiscal Year” (July 1- June 30)
- Collecting taxes twice per year (we only do one collection per year now, many towns to two per year)
- Changing the month in which Town Meeting is held and how we conduct our local elections (secret ballot for referendum, School Board and Select Board vs. “Open Town Meeting”)
A Frequently Asked Question document and draft Special Town Meeting Warrant has been generated and is on the main page of the Town Website.
**THE MEETING WILL ONLY BE ACCESSIBLE REMOTELY**
Participation can take two forms:
- One, the entire meeting will be broadcast live on our YouTube channel so you can watch it from home by going to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbnkexYouDMSGNRotPDaqsQ
- Two, those wanting to ask “real time” questions of the Select Board or offer comments can participate on Zoom by selecting the following link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83196964986?pwd=cGY4dkRaRUQ3clU4S0tpT2R0UlN4QT09
Meeting ID: 831 9696 4986
- Please call the Town Office (596-6584) during normal business hours (Mon, Wed and Thurs 8:30am-5pm and Tues 8:30am-6pm) or can email the Administrator at [email protected]