- This event has passed.
Select Board Meeting, Island Rd Project
November 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is a meeting to review the recent revisions to the Island Rd project plans. This meeting will be remote participation only. Zoom meeting credentials can be requested from the Town Administrator.
Below are engineer notes from the plan revisions as well and draft plans.
North – Village Road Intersection
- Realigned the intersection to include a 25-degree skew. This opens the intersection while still maintain access from all directions for passenger vehicles.
- The Village Road entrance width has been increased a few feet due to concerns surrounding large truck access.
- Extended the project’s estimated limits to ensure we do not create unnecessary dips in Village Road or Island Road. The project’s limits will be accurately determined when we proceed to the design stage of the project.
- Added proposed guardrail location.
South – Lobster Pound Area
- Revised the starting location of improvements. Extended the start of the improvements approximately 50’ to the south.
- Extended the length of the proposed improvements (±100’) to ensure a low spot (susceptible to flooding) would no be created along Island Road.
- Indicated “Blasting May Not Be Removed By Blasting Or Hammering. Field Adjustments Will Be Made If Subsurface Ledge is Encountered”.
- Indicated both entrances along the “U” shaped driveway will be maintained.
- Approximate well location was moved closer to the ledge, per well owners direction.
- Guardrail added adjacent to pond.
- Alignment revised to reduce encroachment into lobster pound parking lot. Adjustment reduced the maximum encroachment into the lobster pound access drive to only 2’.